TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entries can be submitted by any builders merchant store that derives at least 50% of its sales from the building/construction industry.
2. There is no fee for entering these awards.
3. Entry Forms must be authorised or signed (email/postal entries) by the Manager or senior representative of the store.
4. Closing date for receipt of entries is 5pm on Monday 1st July 2019.
5. A store may enter for one or more of the Category Awards.
6. Stores that wish to enter for a Regional Award and to be considered for the National Award must enter all five Categories, and in doing so, will also be judged in the individual categories for shortlisting purposes.
7. Stores who are part of a Group may only enter for the Regional Award in the region in which they are located.
8. Those nominated for entry into the Rising Star Award must be aged 30 years or younger on 01.07.2019.
9. Online entries should be submitted through the Octabuild Builders Merchant Excellence Awards 2019 website www.octabuildawards.ie prior to the closing deadline. NB: As this is the first year for online entries, email and postal entries will also be accepted. An editable version of the entry form can be downloaded from the website, completed offline and sent as an email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org (along with any support material), or printed and sent by post to: Octabuild Builders Merchant Excellence Awards 2019, Huband House, 16 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2, prior to the deadline for entries.
10. Entries that exceed the number of words designated for each Category Award or the size and format of any supporting material may not be accepted.
11. The judges will primarily focus on the written information provided on the Entry Form but supporting material in the form of, for example, sales brochures, photographs of the premises, posters, press cuttings, screen grabs from social media activities etc, may also be submitted.
12. From the Entry Forms received the judges will select a shortlist of entrants in each Region/Category for visiting.
13. Each shortlisted store will be visited by the judges for up to 90 minutes meeting the manager, observing staff interaction with customers and viewing the physical aspects of both the store and yards.
14. Every effort will be made to ensure that the manager or senior person who signed the entry form for the shortlisted stores will know in advance when the judges will visit their store. However, this cannot be guaranteed as the judges will have a schedule of visits determined by the location of shortlisted stores in each region.
15. If the manager or senior person who signed the entry form is not available when the judges visit, they will seek to speak to your nominated representative on site.
16. Canvassing of judges will result in immediate disqualification from the awards.
17. Completed Entry Forms and supporting material will be considered confidential and will not be used other than for judging and presentational purposes for the awards.
18. Promotional imagery/company logos may be requested from shortlisted finalists, for use in publicity and the awards presentation visual material.
19. All entries will be acknowledged within 7 days of receipt.
20. Other than a summary report provided after the awards presentation to shortlisted entries, no correspondence will be entered into with any entrants or their representatives.
21. Any questions about the awards should be made in writing to: Administrator, Octabuild Builders Merchant Excellence Awards 2019, Huband House, 16 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2 or to email@example.com
22. By submitting an entry, the Builders Merchant grants Octabuild the right to publicise the entry on its website, in promotional materials and in the media.
23. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on Thursday 7th November 2019 in the Aviva Stadium, in Dublin.